Visual Arts teacher for children ages 3-13 years.
Must be available on Saturdays
You will assist the art school director in the planning, preparation, set-up, delivery and
The ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic, flexible, and well spoken. You will be representing The Paint Box and therefore need to be professional, knowledgeable in the arts and an experienced teacher.
- A Degree in Visual Arts, Art Education or an Early Childhood Education Certificate, or the equivalent in experience.
- The ideal applicant would have at least 2 years hands on experience teaching children and youth ages 3 and up in an artistic or recreational setting.
- Experience developing age appropriate (art) lesson plans and projects.
-Experience working with a wide variety of artistic mediums including acrylic paints, watercolors, ceramics, printmaking, sculpture, collage, hand sewing etc.
-Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team that includes children, parents and co-workers.
- A valid first-aid certificate is an asset
-Being a practicing artist (of any medium) is an asset
- Successful applicants must provide a recent Criminal Record Check (at own expense) by Oct. 31, 2018
- Hourly wage is determined by experience and qualifications
- Employment is subject to class enrollments
-Email Cover letter & Resume
-Images of personal or student artwork.
Applications will be received until 5pm on October 12, 2018.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers